Cloud Library Design Competition
an initiation by TAS
Cloud Library Design Competition invites students to come up with innovative book shelf designs for our current Cloud Library. Contribute your ideas for a new library shelf, and stand a chance to win S$300 cash!*
Entry guidelines / Design brief
Individuals will be required to submit a design for a book shelf for the cloud library located at SDE3 level 2, with given dimension (3mx4m with no restriction in height) in accordance with the criteria stated.
The space to be designed:
- The shelf design should include two sections: one for permanent collection and one for books/magazines giveaway.
- Entries should showcase well-designed and functional solutions.
- Entries must be able to store up to 250 books and magazines.
- Work with given diacrete wood wool cement board of the following (Do not design with wood pieces larger than the given dimension)
- All boards are 20mm in thickness as shown below
Examples of design using diacrete wood wool cement board:
1st Prize: S$300 Cash*
*Winner is required to build the actual design and use this amount to purchase additional materials. Cement-wood board will be provided.
Artwork must include general dimensions of the shelves, and have an accompanying description of no more than 150 words to explain design concept.
- Artwork size: A1 in PDF (300dpi)
- Submit through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 3rd Jan 2015